Leadership Skills In A Manufacturing Environment
Leadership is an ability
|Leadership is the ability to accomplish difficult things through others, often with limited resources. It is done by inspiring and motivating people to do the things necessary to achieve a common purpose. This includes things people sometimes may not want to do or think they cannot do.|
This seminar enables individuals to become better leaders, to rely less upon the power of position to accomplish things and more upon positive management behaviors to create high performance work teams. It is highly interactive and involves practical exercises outside of the classroom to reinforce the concepts.
Who should attend this seminar?
It is particularly well suited for production supervisors and lead persons. However, anyone who cares to improve their ability to become an effective leader would gain from this training, such as managers and production support personnel.
Up to 10 persons may participate. It includes a certificate of completion and requires twenty hours of class time, which is best when spread over several weeks. All materials are provided.
On completion of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Understand the difference between leading and managing
- Learn effective interpersonal skills for dealing with others
- Learn how to empower employees and strive for win/win situations
- Discover effective leadership techniques to achieve high performance work teams
- Improve communications skills
- Introduction to leadership
- Subordinate evaluation
- Aspects of change
- Interpersonal skills
- Empowerment and negotiation
- Motivation, influence and leadership styles
- Communication skills
- Planning for improvement